When I first saw the topic for this week I thought for sure I wouldn’t be able to do it. I mean, there are just so many quotes I love and I really don’t keep track of them all. But then a few came to mind, and then a few more… So below are just a few of my favorite book quotes. I’m sure I am forgetting so many other amazing ones but these definitely stand out as favorites.
1. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
2. “Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.” – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
3. “Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?”
Jace said, “Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself.”
…”At least,” she said, “you don’t have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland.”
“Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.” – City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
4. “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, then all at once.” – The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
5. “There isn’t a button,” she said. “You choose your setting and then you pull the dial.” He glanced at her as she folded a shirt, annoyed by her nonchalance at doing laundry. “What exactly is my setting? It looks to me like the setting is the goddamn laundry room and the plot is I don’t know how to fucking turn this thing on.” – Sempre by J.M. Darhower
6. “You were worth it.” – Sempre: Redemption (Forever Series #2) by J.M. Darhower
7. “Never make someone else the main character in your own story.” – Ghosted by J.M. Darhower
8. “I want to douse myself in gasoline and set myself ablaze, melting away in the flames just to escape these feelings, but I know it’s useless. Even as a pile of ashes, I’d never get away. He’s a force of nature. The wind would carry me right back to him.” – Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower
9. “Where did you go?’ His voice drops just slightly and loses even the suggestion of a smile.
He’s watching me like he’s not sure he’s allowed to ask question, and he’s not even sure he wants the answer. I can almost see grandfather’s word and josh’s doubt about them swimming in his head. On every side of me are the lights and the tools and the wood and the boots and the boy I want to see forever. And if the my Sea of Tranquility were real, it would be this place, here, with him.
I don’t say anything right away, because I just want one minute to look at his face before I gave him my last secret.
And then I tell him.
‘Your garage.” – The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
10. “UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
Bonus: “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
I could fill this whole list up with quotes from the Harry Potter series, as well as from quotes from novels written by J.M. Darhower whose words I always adore. Making this list made me want to reread these novels too. What are some of your favorite quotes?